Friday, August 31, 2012

After a Long Absence, Here are the New Items!

I am so sorry for not posting for so long!  Life has gotten very much in the way of everything;  pretty much it has been days full of daily swimming lessons and finding clever ways to entertain my brood for the whole summer.  We did a lot of BBQ'ing, swimming, outings, and a few weekend breaks out to the desert for some R&R near the pool. 

School started a few weeks ago (yes, the first week of August!), so we have adjusted to brand-new ways of doing our daily routine.  I have had to drastically change my circadian rhythm of sleeping and waking:  meaning that my typical summer night consisted of watching movies until around 2am and then sleeping in until 8:30am (nice!!!!).  Then BOOM, we fight to get to sleep at 7:30-8:00pm for the little ones and make ourselves wake up at 6:30am.  Culture shock?  Yeah, just a little bit.

But we have all happily reset our clocks and are doing great.  This new school year has marked the beginning of a loooooong, structured lifestyle.  For the very first time ever, it's not going to be about toddler playdates, going to the library for story times at 11am, and midday playdates.  Nope.  That pretty much is going to be the 'occasional' event that happens when there just happens to be time.  Oh no... now we have to stay put at home during 'school nights', fill in nightly reading logs, do after school snacks, and start getting ready for bed by 7pm.  And that's pretty hard to do considering that it is still SUMMER!  My hubby has taken to closing every single shuttered window in our house to give the place a dark semblance when it's time for closing shop at home.  So far, it has worked out really well, and we get time to ourselves by 8pm.  Yay for us!!!

I did however manage to squeeze in time to do a few brand spanking-new designs for Twig and Sparrow.  I did about ten or so new pieces in a course of about two weeks.  I don't know if many of you know how the creative mind works (some of my artistic friends might very well be able to relate to this), but once an inspiration hits your brain and your heart, you HAVE to go with it.  You can't just say, 'oh, I'll have to remember that one tomorrow.'  At least for me, it has to happen NOW.  Some nights I would wake up around 12am and run down the stairs to sketch what I dreamt about, or better yet (or worse?), I will start to actually make the piece.  With so much happening every single day in a typical busy mother's life, there's no time to just 'table' things...or else they will go away. 

I think inspiriation is kind of like a giant wave coming towards you:  you know it's coming, you can't really ignore it, so you just dive right in and go with the flow.

Tell me what you think of these! 





All of these items are currently available on etsy







See you next time!
xoxo

PS= my next post will most likely be on a brand-new, beautiful website and blog!  Stay tuned!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment