Sunday, March 25, 2012

Dreaming of Sunny Days on a Rainy Sunday

Hooray, it's raining cats and dogs out here! AND it's windy, cold, and blustery!!! I cannot believe that I actually took the car and hauled my two girls down to Long Beach for church today (big day for us, Greek Independence Day celebration). I honestly cannot remember the last time I attended church, but here we were this morning, in our Sunday best ready to brave the elements (I actually got water IN my shoes due to the downpour). Turns out we were completely late for all the services, but just in time to see the Greek school perform their poems and dances. My son went to NASCAR with Carey, despite rainy day forecast; they actually managed to see most of the race before it started to rain there. Moral of the story? Don't go driving 30 miles on three different freeways to get to a church when it hasn't poured down this hard in like 15 years.

On to what I really want to post: cute outfits!

Since I am still riding the bicycle wave, so to speak, these styles are all supposed to be bike-riding-friendly. To preface, I am not really the type of person that gets all into color and trends of the moment (well, maybe a few touches here and there, and I do emphasize the word few). I like to stick with neutral colors, simple shapes, and classic accessories.

I must also add the fact that I have three very young children and, for obvious reasons, my clothes are not for the delicate cycle or dry clean only. They must go from dropping kids off at school, to playdates, running errands, making crafts/baking and preparing dinners, all the while looking somewhat presentable. Here's another wonderful invention: aprons! I'll post a few lovely designs at the end of this post, just for giggles :)


Untitled #21





Kain striped top
£70 - net-a-porter.com

Elizabeth and James twill jacket
£345 - net-a-porter.com

7 For All Mankind denim skinny jeans
$355 - mytheresa.com

Frye buckle shoes
$328 - shoptheshoebox.com


Untitled #20





MICHAEL Michael Kors hooded coat
$150 - net-a-porter.com

7 For All Mankind distressed jeans
$355 - mytheresa.com

Frye slouch boots
$328 - bloomingdales.com

Yves Saint Laurent leopard sunglasses
$325 - net-a-porter.com


Untitled #19





Cacharel t shirt dress
$775 - lagarconne.com

Pour La Victoire high heels
$157 - pourlavictoire.com

Madewell straw fedora
$58 - madewell.com


Tuesday





Nautical top
$44 - urbanoutfitters.com

True Religion boy friend jeans
€159 - jades24.com

Converse low shoes
$45 - urbanoutfitters.com


Saturday Spring/Summer





Sweater
impressionen.de

Short shorts
$15 - alloy.com

Cork wedge
$140 - korkease.com

Yves Saint Laurent round sunglasses
$325 - net-a-porter.com


Untitled #17




Kain scoop neck tank
£70 - net-a-porter.com

True religion jeans
€159 - jades24.com

Yves Saint Laurent flat shoes
$485 - net-a-porter.com

All Saints wool shawl
$150 - allsaints.com

Madewell straw fedora hat
$58 - madewell.com


Linens 'n' Things Apron Blue Spot


Kensington Gardens Apron


Tropical Bounty Apron

No comments:

Post a Comment