Saturday, March 17, 2012

Rainy Day Love

Tomorrow is going to be a wonderful day.  Tomorrow is our third photo session for Twig and Sparrow!  It has been a very hectic couple of months, trying to figure out how to get my face and name out there in the design and bridal world.  It is pretty competitive and takes a looooot of time sitting at the computer contacting all sorts of people and convincing them to take notice of you. 

My biggest frustration thus far has been updating my website.  Like many people, I pretty much am terrible at it.  For now, my website is so very basic and, well, blaaaaah.  For now, I work with what I have, and at this moment, it means I am very very very lucky to know a few wonderful people.

Enter the photo shoot.  I will be showcasing my new designs (about 18 of them) on a couple of great beautiful girls willing to model for me, as well as the talented hair and makeup artist Georgia Syrengelas, and the wonderfully gifted photographer Nicole Long.  If you have seen my past posts, you can check out the pictures there or here.

I love doing these sessions!  For weeks, I spend hours daydreaming about how everything will be modeled, the clothes, the makeup, hair, environment, and light.  I even play a soundtrack in my head of how everything will flow.  This time, we are going to take photographs indoors.  I am secretly wanting to do outdoor as well, in spite of.....

Okay, it has been raining here for the past 24 hours (for So Cal residents, this is HUGE!  Break out the scarves and coats, it's like, OMG, winter here!!).  I am one of those Californians that love the rain and clouds and what I like to call 'Winnie the Pooh weather';  you know, all windy, cold, and blustery?  I have once called it that to an old boyfriend of mine while we were living in Scotland, and he didn't bat an eye when I referred the dreary (and lovely) Edinburgh weather as that.  See?  It really is the perfect moniker for it.


Arthur's Seat, Edinburgh (via Pinterest)...this was the BEST running track ever!



The Meadows, Edinburgh.  Another great running venue back in the day!

The wheels of my mind begin to turn like mad in the chaos of creativity.  There is no sunshine to distract me, what with all those shadows and rays.  I find that colors are actually more vivid under a grey sky, elements are sharper, the eye takes in all those beautiful tiny details that an otherwise fair day could never provide.  My brain becomes calmer, almost meditative yet still so active, during the dormant cycles of the seasons.  Even in the earliet hints of spring, there is something about the light that still holds on to the last pieces of those quiet, cool, introspective moments.


Tomorrow it is supposed to rain some more.  And, to be honest, I really wouldn't mind taking a few pics in drizzly weather.  The refracted light through those miniscule droplets may give just the quintessential ambience that I always hope for. 

bettencourtchase.blogspot.com

Just wanted to share a few nice pictures for you to look at! 


Enjoy your Sunday!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment